Thank you so much to Richa and Gracie, for each nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award and to Megha for my second Leibster Award. I appreciate it so much!
You can find Richa at iScriblr, where she writes about a wide variety of topics and takes stunning photos. She keeps me very entertained! And she likes Dubstep and EDM, which is the genre of my favorite artist, graymattr, so we’ve connected on multiple levels. Be sure to stop by and say hello to her!
Gracie over at lif3slittlethings is quite a phenomenon! She is 14 years old and writes an amazing blog with heart. As she says, it’s a “blog about everything for everyone.”
Megha is a super talented chef. I love her recipes and she has taught me some Hindi food words. She also does book reviews, which is a sure way to my heart. You can find Megha at Delightful Discoveries. Check out her recipes and reviews! You won’t regret it.
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognize blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As the web-page about the Versatile Blogger Award says – “Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
The Liebster Award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, you get the picture.
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
2. Include the banner in your post.
3. Tag it under #versatilebloggeraward, #liebsteraward in the Reader.
4. Tell 7 things about yourself. What are some fun facts about yourself?
5. Keep up with the chain and nominate 10-15 bloggers for this award.
1. I am a cold weather girl through and through. Anything above 80 degrees is too hot for me.
2. I love to laugh and have a very irreverent and inappropriate sense of humor.
3. I took piano lessons for eight years and got to the point of hating it. My mom was right when she told me someday I’d regret quitting. I do.
4. I was on a swim team for two years, and did okay. But when I was on a softball team, I spent my time in the outfield praying the ball wouldn’t come to me.
5. I hate coming up with new food ideas. For the last two weeks I’ve eaten the same thing for lunch everyday…Pita bread with bell peppers, feta and balsamic vinaigrette. I love it, but will burn out at some point and probably won’t ever eat it again.
6. I read. A lot. I carry my driver’s license and my library card in the same little coin purse, and they are of equal importance.
7. I love to hike. Colorado has 54 14ers (mountains above 14k’) and we have hiked nine of them. We do a new one each year. We hiked the Inca Trail last October and when we reached Machu Picchu we headed up Wayna Picchu, the mountain behind the ruins. We are doing the Portuguese Route of the Camino de Santiago in Sept, although we will bike it :), and we plan to hike Kilimanjaro next year. Here’s a photo of us at the top of Wayna Picchu, looking down on the ruins. It was one of the best hikes of my life!
(Note to my nominees: There is no obligation to participate, but I hope you will! I’d love to learn more about you. And I think your blogs are really great!)